Almost everyone nowadays wants to have his own profitable home internet marketing business that can ease his financial burdens and help him sail smoothly through the ravages of the global financial crisis currently engulfing the world’s economies. Understanding the ABCs or fundamentals of internet marketing is essential to the success of any online home business.
Different people of different professions and stature have view internet marketing from different perspectives. On the one hand, people consider internet marketing as simply the act of placing banner ads or inbound links on other websites. On the opposite hand, many companies claim that it is the secret to exponentially increasing one’s wealth overnight. However, caution should be exercised because most companies only try to make you buy some internet marketing program that they proclaim will make you rich by morning.
At present, internet marketing or online marketing has successfully evolved to a higher stage which now involves a combination of many components a business can utilize to increase sales regardless of whether the said business is being executed fully online, partly online, or fully offline. Internet marketing is fully discretionary, and it can’t be fully said that it is strictly needed for success, but its recent popularity has caused those who don’t use it to get left behind by those who do. It can provide a vast and unique competitive advantage to any company. For this reason, some companies even rely purely on online marketing to promote their business, its products, and services.
Internet Marketing Objectives
Internet marketing is being employed to make use of the Internet to do at least one of the succeeding:
1. Communicate a company’s message about itself, its products, or its services online.
2. Research the nature (demographics, preferences, and needs) of existing and potential customers.
3. Sell goods, services, or advertising space over the Internet.
Internet Marketing Components
Internet marketing is made up of many components, which may be summarized into the following:
1. Making a business website and getting it launched and published over the Internet. It may consist of text, images, and possibly audio and video elements that broadcast the company’s message to visitors, informing current customers and prospects of its products and services’ features, benefits, and value-for-money. The website may also include additional features that extend its capabilities, like capturing and storing leads from potential customers or the function to sell a product or service online directly. A website may very well be the best way to establish a company’s own internet persona and business entity. Web sites can always outperform their offline equivalents – brochures and mail-order catalogs.
2. Marketing a website over the World Wide Web via search engines, otherwise known as Search Engine Marketing or SEM, is the process of helping a website shop up in the top search engine pages whenever one searches with certain defined keywords through search engine optimization or SEO, pay-per-click or PPC advertising, or pay-for-inclusion or PFI advertising in which a website is listed in online website directories, the same way as with yellow page listings.
3. Email marketing is the technique of getting information about a product or service out to customers or getting feedback from customers about a product or service through emails. Email addresses of customers or potential customers can be collected through the company website or purchased from lead generation specialists. Email marketing is simply the online version of direct mail marketing. Different methods can be utilized to do this form of online marketing, like regular newsletters or mass mailing of offers related to the company’s product or services.
4. Banner advertising is the online marketing equivalent of the traditional ads in newspapers and magazines. It is the free placement of ads on a website, usually known as free ad directories.
5. Online press releasing is the placement of a newsworthy story about a company, regular distribution of newsletters, or mass mailing of offers related to the company’s product or services on online wire service or online press release directories.
READ MORE :
- Managing Your Internet Reputation
- A Brief History Of Woman As Thing
- Web Internet Marketing
- Practical Mobile Marketing
- 8 Essential Must-Haves for a Successful Online Business Marketing